Palm Oil Trees Rejuvenation Process
- Oil palms that have reached their productive age (25 years) will be prepared to be rejuvenate
- The verification stage of requirements is carried out in stages starting from the farmer groups, the District Plantation Office, the Province, and the Directorate General of Plantation to obtain approval.
- Develop a cooperation agreement, between BPDP-KS, the Bank and the Cooperative / Farmer Group
- Fund distribution, based on replanting governance established by the Ministry of Agriculture
- Monitoring and evaluation process by the Directorate General of Plantation Ministry of Agriculture, Provincial / Regency / City plantation service, BPDPKS, and Banks
- After the administrative process is complete, it continued with the oil palm rejuvenation process starting from cutting down the old oil palm trees
- Then proceed with replanting process with certified seeds
- Then training and empowerment of farmers based on the principles of Good Agriculture Practice (GAP), and certification of either the Roundtable of Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) or Indonesia Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO)
More from Didiet Nugraha.
Forestry industry? Visit The Forest Scribe.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay on top of the industry's news because your informed opinion matters to the palm oil industry.